Temp Assignment – Until Jan. 2019
The Laundry Worker is responsible for the washing, drying, folding, sorting, and mending of clothes and linen.
- Sorts laundry items by label and loads laundry machines with bedding, surgical gowns, linens etc.
- Adds detergent and other cleaning agents to the washer and adds when necessary germicidal/disinfectant solutions.
- Adjusts water temperature and starts the washer.
- Wrings out clean wet articles and places them in dryers for the measured time cycle.
- Sorts and folds clean items into the appropriate storage bin.
- Counts articles to verify laundry lists.
- Use of weighing systems.
- Soaks contaminated articles, and mixes and applies dyes and bleaches according to formulas.
- May mend torn articles.
- May transport soiled/clean linen.
- May assist in training, assigning and checking the work of lower level employees.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- 1 to 2 years of related work experience.
- Must be able to coordinate the routine responsibilities of staff and resources.
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives.
- Ability to operate Laundry related equipment including but not limited to Washers, Dryers, Ironing equipment, and Folders.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
- Ability to use all relevant electronic and communication devices.
- Adapts procedures, processes, tools equipment and techniques to accomplish the requirements of the position.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $10.00 /hour